Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Silent Evil...!!

Silent Devil – Expectations…!!!

The absolute reason for extended tensions…The reason for strained relation between couples, friends brothers … any one who shares more than just a relation with any one else is enslaved to this master called Expectation, I call it the master because it ends up ruling most of us.

I am motivated to write on this because my experience over the 2 years at my B-School has taught me how not to be a slave to the self-proclaimed master. Though not always but yes most of the times am able to be a master of my thoughts …

Recently had a discussion with a friend on this and surprisingly during my discussion I was able to give reasons and ways not to allow the devil(‘expectations’) rule us.. . . which I had never thought of before…though I was unknowingly practicing it for quite a while now.

We should realize that every individual has a different threshold... a different level of understanding the other person … One may be able to read the other when he or she is upset but at the same time the other might not be able to realize the same… this is where one needs a little more maturity and a balanced expectation, now I do not say holding expectations isn’t right but letting them be on you is the test… Expect realistically, and the time you understand how to handle it …you suddenly find relations being amazingly beautiful… because there is no point pulling some one to a level of your expectations which might be uncomfortable resulting in tension at both the ends..

So be realistic, do not stretch any one to a zone where it becomes daunting for both( here I am referring to 1-1 relations say Brother-brother, friend-friend, etc….)

Coming up next on another way to ease expectations… EXPRESSIONS…!!

All the best..!!

No comments: